I suggest you ...

Easy integration with wit.ai

Webhooks already allow for this (mostly, see my post about referencing JSON responses by index) but wit.ai is such a powerful service and pairs so fantastically well with what you're doing here that I really feel you ought to see how you could extend the usability for less technical users.

With wit.ai, you tell their system what options people have, and what kind of things they're likely to say when they're ask for each option. Then, you can send wit.ai an input string (for example, a user's text) into a machine learning system that guesses what option they're likely going for, and a confidence value with how sure wit.ai is.

It enables much more natural communication. Got a system that enables users to add and remove themselves from a group? They don't need to be precise, and you don't have to think of a million possible word-perfect ways they could ask. "Add me to the group," "I want notifications," "take me off," "add me", "yes please," "I want in," and more are all valid responses; wit.ai figures out they mean "group_add" or "group_remove" and then you route them through Textit accordingly. If wit.ai isn't figuring it out, you can train it further. It's fantastic, and you can have a ton of different possible options, not just three or four.

I really love Textit, and think this could be a huge benefit to users who are a bit tech-savvy. The lower the tech bar, though, the more people who can leverage your system to build really powerful (and friendly) flows with less room for user error on the text-end.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)