I suggest you ...

Deleting Messages in Telegram

I've read Telegram secret chats when you delete messages the client the message is deleted for the receiver of the message. However in regular Telegram chats when you delete a message, the message is not deleted on the receivers end, it is only deleted on your local client.

Allow messages that have been sent, but not read by the receiver to be deleted on both the originator's chat and the receivers chat.

Here's a common valid use case. You are chatting with several people, and accidentally send a message intended to be sent to another person (we've all done it), realizing the mistake you wish to delete the message before it is read by the unintended recipient.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    michael langmichael lang shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sachin GaurSachin Gaur commented  · 

I m added In a telegram group but I am unable to delete chat history.i see setting but not showing any option like clear chat history or delete.Can you help me how I can do it.

• RandallRandall commented  · 

I cannot delete any chats in my group because my "delete" function is missing. When I long-press my messages, no trashcan icon is not visible in the upper right-hand corner. When I tap a message, the message dialogue box shows that the functions of "Reply," "Copy," and "Forward" are visible. However, the "delete" function is not visible.

I'm not sure if it is an update problem, or a mistake that I could have made. To summarize, I cannot delete any messages because there is no "delete" function to press. Can you help?

• Anonymous commented  · 

If I can not delete a message on the receiver's end, why should I keep when it is irrelevant to me?

Feedback and Knowledge Base