I suggest you ...

Time delay between messages within a flow

Timed messages within a flow. Not using the campaign, but within a flow. Say you have a flow with 3 messages in a row, you should be able to add a customized delay in between.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ciarán DuffyCiarán Duffy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave RothenbergDave Rothenberg commented  · 

Hi, I've had this same problem as well. Sequential messages come too quickly and sometimes come out of order. This happens when I break a long message into two shorter messages because the shorter messages are easy to read and I want to control where the break between messages occurs instead of letting the system break the the long message into two parts.

The current minimum delay allowed between messages is 1 minute. Can the minimum pause time be reduced to 15 seconds?

• David SjunnessonDavid Sjunnesson commented  · 

I have the same need in one of my flows. I want to pause for 10 seconds before sending next message in the flow but I don't want any user interaction to trigger it. basically a new action called "pause" which just waits for x amounts of time until it continues

• Kellan AlexanderAdminKellan Alexander (Admin, TextIt) commented  · 

Hey Kåre, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you send us a ticket detailing which SMS channels and flows this is occurring on? We're happy to look into this.

• Kåre M. S. SolvågKåre M. S. Solvåg commented  · 

Yes we noticed! Thank you Kellan. It ironed out the main problem on some platforms (Telegram and Facebook), but are still experiencing problems with consecutive messages coming in wrong order to the user on SMS. We would still love the feature of customizing the delays within the flows, to give the user more time to read between each consecutive message.

• Kellan AlexanderAdminKellan Alexander (Admin, TextIt) commented  · 

Thanks for this suggestion; certainly makes sense. We recently added a delay to consecutive messages sent to a single contact. Let us know how this works for you.

Best,

Kellan

Feedback and Knowledge Base